Killing the Red God

A serialization of my novel, "Killing the Red God". | Copyright: Hari Kumar | website: www.harismind.com | If this is your first visit, please start from the bottom (start of Chapter 1)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Monday, October 03, 2005

Chapter 2 -- Part 12

Author's Note:
For reading the first chapter, you may download it in Acrobat PDF format from here (Click here!)
If you like my writing, please help me popularise my blog--please recommend it to your friends.

If you happen to be a literary agent/publisher (or someone who can help me get my book published) and feel my writing has potential, I would be forever grateful if you could contact me through my website http://harismind.com/emailme.html

Now for the latest instalment....

------------------------------------------------

Then came the Cosmetology craze.

A few months after the hotel fiasco, Nisha decides she wants to be a Cosmetologist. I wasn’t sure what that was when she announced her intention. I had assumed it was some high tech profession that’s got to do with outer space — comets specifically — and thought it unusual for Nisha to turn into a stargazer all of a sudden. But then the ways of women were so unpredictable, so I left it at that.
When she showed me the brochure of “The Mona Lisa School of Cosmetics and Make-up Artistry,” things became a lot clearer. The three-month MAD (“Make-up Artistry Diploma”) course made a dent of three thousand dollars to my meagre savings account, but it occupied Nisha for that period; so I was not entirely miserable. Moreover, she seemed so very gung-ho about the whole thing, that her enthusiasm was even infectious at one point leading me to think that this course was probably worth more than the money I paid for it. “This is ME!” she would say excitedly, “O how I wasted my time on that stupid hotel job! Shoulda done this much earlier. Just watch, Dilip. As soon as I get my Diploma, I will work in one of those upmarket Beauty Salons for maybe a few months. And once I learn the finer tricks of the trade, I’ll go solo.” (Now at this point, I must emphasize that this Nisha was the Nisha Dilip Nair, ambitious yet ignorant; maybe even a tad too naïve. She had this tremendous desire to achieve, but her goals were far too nebulous for any clear plan to be drawn up.) She was in for a surprise. A very unpleasant one.

------------------------------------------------
(To be continued...)


1 Comments:

Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home