Killing the Red God

A serialization of my novel, "Killing the Red God". | Copyright: Hari Kumar | website: www.harismind.com | If this is your first visit, please start from the bottom (start of Chapter 1)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Chapter 2 -- Part 14

Author's Note:
For reading the first chapter, you may download it in Acrobat PDF format from here (Click here!)
If you like my writing, please help me popularise my blog--please recommend it to your friends.

If you happen to be a literary agent/publisher (or someone who can help me get my book published) and feel my writing has potential, I would be forever grateful if you could contact me through my website http://harismind.com/emailme.html

Now for the latest instalment....

------------------------------------------------
I gingerly opened the door to find, besides a harried Nisha standing stiff, two Indian cops in uniform and a mountainous lady who, I guessed, was in her fifties. For a moment I wondered how that woman could have squeezed through that narrow stairwell. It was a small room and had a single salon chair occupying most of the space. The big woman was sitting in the salon chair looking up at the cop who was talking to her. On the walls there were pictures of Khushboo, Jayaprada and a few other actresses whom I did not recognise. Facing the chair was also a large mirror, the sides of which were dotted with bindi stickers of different patterns. Beneath the mirror was a low cabinet crowded with different types of lotions and creams. One of the cops was telling the woman, "Enna maami idhu. We all same blood, what. Settle and be friends, lah…" when he saw me enter.

*****************************************************************************
Dear Readers,

Please click on the links given in the "Ads by Google" box shown in the left pane.
For every click Google pays me a few cents. Atleast that would earn me some small change for my writing efforts :-)
Sorry for disturbance. Read on...
*****************************************************************************

"Dilip, right? I Shanmugavel," the other cop said extending his hand. "This my colleague, constable Suppiah,"
"What's the problem?" I asked as I shook his hand hurriedly, just to get it over with.
"YOUR WIFE…" the mountain woman was on her feet, like a bull about to gore me.
"Aiyyo please, lah. Maami, we handle this, okay. Cool down, lah. Please," Suppiah said raising his hand in an attempt to calm her.
Then turning to me, Shanmugavel said, "Your wife, haah, slap Madam Letchmi. She call us in to register a police case against your wife."
"Here, look what that girl do," Madam Letchmi cried, pointing to her dark cheeks, "My eyes see stars, yuno!"
"Why don't you tell him why I did it?" Nisha retorted.



------------------------------------------------
(To be continued...)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Prasad said...

:) That advertisement to click on googleads is SLY man :)), but I am gonna click anyways.

cheers
-P

8:59 AM  
Blogger hari said...

:-))
Thanks for your understanding, Prasad. I am only getting peanuts, actually. Maybe enough for a coffee per week. Anyway, something is better than nothing, right?

Cheers,

Hari

10:42 PM  
Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home