Killing the Red God

A serialization of my novel, "Killing the Red God". | Copyright: Hari Kumar | website: www.harismind.com | If this is your first visit, please start from the bottom (start of Chapter 1)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Monday, October 17, 2005

Chapter 2 -- Part 18

Author's Note:
For reading the first chapter, you may download it in Acrobat PDF format from here (Click here!)
If you like my writing, please help me popularise my blog--please recommend it to your friends.

If you happen to be a literary agent/publisher (or someone who can help me get my book published) and feel my writing has potential, I would be forever grateful if you could contact me through my website www.harismind.com

Now for the latest instalment....

------------------------------------------------

One evening, while waiting for our order at the neighbourhood hawker stall, she broke the silence by asking in a quiet voice, “Dilip, how much money do you have in your bank?”
“Very little. Just the month’s pay that came in today…Why?”
“Never mind,” she looked away, her eyes were glazed.
“Tell me, dear…if you need money, we can get a loan…”
“I am a failure…a complete failure…married to a failure,” she sobbed. It was the first time I saw her like this. She looked suddenly so vulnerable.
I patted her arm trying to console her, “Come on, Nisha. Don’t say that…don’t make a scene.” Luckily the place was largely deserted.
“Whatever I do is a disaster…whatever…I just want to get out of this shit-hole we’re in…But the more I try, the deeper I am falling in.”
“Come on, Nisha…It’s not so bad…try to be happy with what you have…”
“What do I have? Nothing…I am living among people who get drunk and piss in the lift, puke in the corridor. Among fish vendors and toilet cleaners. Among depressingly old folk…”
“We’ll move up slowly. But steadily. Be contented, dear. We’re still young…” I reached and squeezed her hand gently.
“No, I will not,” she said, brushing my hand aside and wiping her tears. Determination flashing in them. “I will not be contented…I will rise up…I will realise my dreams…with or without you.”
“Fine,” I said backing off.

------------------------------------------------
(To be continued...)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trend-spotters handbook
Bobos/fauxhemians: grown-ups with mainstream jobs getting into alternative or bourgeois bohemian culture.
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Prasad said...

Hari - it might be a good idea to turn on the word check option on the blogger settings. It will avoid these anonymous/spam comments on your blog.

I personally feel that the guy has been tormented by his dear wife for years - looks like one would grow a spine and dump the bitch much sooner than in this story :) I know I would.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Rahul said...

Yeah, I agree with Prasad--You must turn on word check to prevent these spams.
And on your blog, I am really enjoying your novel so far. You write extremely well and should seriously think about getting published. Your writing ROCKS, man!
Umm... by the way, can you send me the full novel; I find it painful waiting till you post your bite-sized pieces. I had sent you an email about a week back, but did not get a reply yet (did u rcv my mail; I sent it thru ur form at ur website).

-Rahul

9:11 PM  
Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home