Killing the Red God

A serialization of my novel, "Killing the Red God". | Copyright: Hari Kumar | website: www.harismind.com | If this is your first visit, please start from the bottom (start of Chapter 1)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Chapter 2 -- Part 19

Author's Note:
For reading the first chapter, you may download it in Acrobat PDF format from here (Click here!)
If you like my writing, please help me popularise my blog--please recommend it to your friends.

If you happen to be a literary agent/publisher (or someone who can help me get my book published) and feel my writing has potential, I would be forever grateful if you could contact me through my website www.harismind.com

Now for the latest instalment....

------------------------------------------------

That night after we returned from dinner, she dug out a small address book from a bag that I have never seen her open. She had the phone by her side while she pored through the scribbles in the book. Just before lifting the receiver, she looked at me and said, “Can I have some time to myself, please?”
I left the room.
“Mr. Jacob, please,” I heard her say.
“This is Nisha,” and after a pause she said in an irritated tone, “your daughter, who else?”
(pause)
“Well, I want something from you.”
(pause)
“Yes. It is money…why else would I call you…? You realise you did not spend a paisa of dowry for me, don’t you. While you gave away fifty lakhs plus house plus car for Neena, you gave me nothing…You got yourself a son-in-law for nothing.”
(pause)
“So what if she married a ‘good Catholic boy of your choosing’. So what if I eloped! I eloped because I could. I was pretty, that’s why. And she could not because she was ugly. I am also your daughter. I too deserve what I should rightfully get. So what if my husband wasn’t a Catholic! (her voice is raised) He is an Engineer, from a very well to do family. He could have easily got twice that much from his community…”
(pause)
“What do you mean, you don’t have money?! I have been tracking you ever since you and Ammachi separated…Only the other day I saw your contented mug in the Dubai Lions Club web page, with that whore you’re living with…Hello…Hello…Shit!”
I heard her key the number again.
“I know he doesn’t want to talk to me…Just tell him that if he doesn’t talk to me now, his fellow Lions will be roaring with laughter seeing pictures of their President Lion rollicking in the nude with three Kodambakkam pussies…Yes I’ll wait.”
(pause)
“I don’t care what you call this…Blackmail or whatever…I want what is rightfully mine…once I get it, I won’t bother you…No, I can’t give you my word…Well, that is how it is. Take it or leave it…Hundred thousand US dollars…No, I am not crazy…look, I know it’s peanuts for you…LOOK, I AM YOUR DAUGHTER, MAN. A DAUGHTER YOU’VE FORSAKEN. OF A WIFE YOU’VE ABANDONED…” her voice was shaking.
(pause)
“I’ll send you my account number by email tonight…okay.”
On the second day in spite of Nisha informing me that she had sent my account details to her father, my heart skipped a beat seeing my account balance with so many zeroes at the end of it.
“Buy a car for thirty thousand,” she remarked studying my passbook, “keep another ten thousand in your account and transfer the rest to my account, which I opened in POSB today…I am going to do some courses…expensive ones…computer…MBA…and then let’s see what I can achieve.”

**************END OF CHAPTER 2
**************

Lookout for Chapter 3 -- Mental Fundamental

*********************************************

------------------------------------------------
(To be continued...)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs of a Different Color
With corporations increasingly depending on blogs for internal and external communications to improve consumer relations, conferences like this week's BlogOn Social Media Summit 2005 continue to draw diverse ...
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It pretty much covers Replica related stuff.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Danny White said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a 0mg.com targeted traffic visitor site/blog. It pretty much covers 0mg.com targeted traffic visitor related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time:-)

1:58 PM  
Blogger dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about beauty health manufacturer supply. You should check it out sometime.

8:31 AM  
Blogger dompia said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about beauty college. You should check it out sometime.

6:47 AM  
Blogger monkeyfast said...

**UPDATE! FREE SHIPPING FOR A LIMITED TIME!**

Better than klear action whitening and ION whitening systems! Half the
price too!

Welcome to PerfectlyWhite.com,

PerfectlyWhite.com is proud to present to you the first ever at home
laser whitening treatment. We are bringing you the most popular in
office treatment at home for the fraction of the cost! One laser
treatment at a doctors office can run around $600 as shown above. This
is very exciting news for anyone who is looking into whitening their
teeth professionally in the comfort of their own home. Best of all you
can have this plasma light technology for much less! The light is yours
to keep and can be used as many times as you like! You can achieve
professional results in less than 7 days! Our method also works in
between your teeth and deep down below the enamel. This procedure will
not damage or wear away the enamel.

How does it work?

Its very simple. The Plasma light will increase the breakdown speed of
Carbamide Peroxide, in turn releasing more oxygen which speeds up the
bleaching process. The oxygen acts as a bleaching agent that whitens
your teeth safely and effectively. This is why you can pay as much as $600
to get your teeth whitened professionally.

Plasma Laser Light Technology!

Never before seen in any at home whitening kit! Just Like at a real in
office visit, all our deluxe kits have the plasma light tool to
accelerate the whitening process. No one else offers this authentic at
home tool. Its Very easy to operate and safe to use. Accelerate your
whitening by as much as 300% with this method! This means whiter teeth
in less time!

At last, you no longer have to visit your dentist for that
white bright smile you have always wanted!

Our professional dental whitening kit is the same product used by many
of the top cosmetic dentists. Why consider paying up to $600, when for a
few short minutes per day, you to can achieve the exact same results in
the comfort of your own home. Best of all, it will cost you a fraction
of the price!

40% stronger than an in-office visit...

To provide you with superior results, our fully licensed line of
products is one of the industry's strongest and most effective tooth
whitening formulas. The main active ingredient is 35% Carbamide Peroxide.
This concentration is 40% stronger than most dentists use during an in
office visit!

A little more about our 7 day plasma treatment:

* This procedure will NOT harm or damage your tooth's enamel.

This system can't be found in stores!

We are the only internet site who sells this new product!

We are the exclusive seller of this NEW at home treatment!

You and your friends can take advantage of this treatment with just one
plasma light!

Plasma light treatment only takes on average 7 days to complete!

Results are 100% guaranteed and 100% safe! for more informationCLICK HERE

8:56 AM  
Blogger monkeyfast said...

**UPDATE! FREE SHIPPING FOR A LIMITED TIME!**

Better than klear action whitening and ION whitening systems! Half the
price too!

Welcome to PerfectlyWhite.com,

PerfectlyWhite.com is proud to present to you the first ever at home
laser whitening treatment. We are bringing you the most popular in
office treatment at home for the fraction of the cost! One laser
treatment at a doctors office can run around $600 as shown above. This
is very exciting news for anyone who is looking into whitening their
teeth professionally in the comfort of their own home. Best of all you
can have this plasma light technology for much less! The light is yours
to keep and can be used as many times as you like! You can achieve
professional results in less than 7 days! Our method also works in
between your teeth and deep down below the enamel. This procedure will
not damage or wear away the enamel.

How does it work?

Its very simple. The Plasma light will increase the breakdown speed of
Carbamide Peroxide, in turn releasing more oxygen which speeds up the
bleaching process. The oxygen acts as a bleaching agent that whitens
your teeth safely and effectively. This is why you can pay as much as $600
to get your teeth whitened professionally.

Plasma Laser Light Technology!

Never before seen in any at home whitening kit! Just Like at a real in
office visit, all our deluxe kits have the plasma light tool to
accelerate the whitening process. No one else offers this authentic at
home tool. Its Very easy to operate and safe to use. Accelerate your
whitening by as much as 300% with this method! This means whiter teeth
in less time!

At last, you no longer have to visit your dentist for that
white bright smile you have always wanted!

Our professional dental whitening kit is the same product used by many
of the top cosmetic dentists. Why consider paying up to $600, when for a
few short minutes per day, you to can achieve the exact same results in
the comfort of your own home. Best of all, it will cost you a fraction
of the price!

40% stronger than an in-office visit...

To provide you with superior results, our fully licensed line of
products is one of the industry's strongest and most effective tooth
whitening formulas. The main active ingredient is 35% Carbamide Peroxide.
This concentration is 40% stronger than most dentists use during an in
office visit!

A little more about our 7 day plasma treatment:

* This procedure will NOT harm or damage your tooth's enamel.

This system can't be found in stores!

We are the only internet site who sells this new product!

We are the exclusive seller of this NEW at home treatment!

You and your friends can take advantage of this treatment with just one
plasma light!

Plasma light treatment only takes on average 7 days to complete!

Results are 100% guaranteed and 100% safe! for more informationCLICK HERE

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blog/site that is full of really nice **handbag** deals. The name of the

1:55 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Hey, Nice Blog!

Makes some very interesting reading.

Please be sure to check out my site here - Mininova - for some great bit torrent downloads.

Thanks

11:24 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Hey,

Very nice blog and some interesting posts. Have a look at my new bit torrent site called - Mininova -

Thanks

9:46 PM  
Anonymous iFindTheBlogs said...

Mark Twain:
''you use plain, simple language, short words and brief sentences. That is the way to write English - it is the modern way and the best way. Stick to it; don't let fluff and flowers and verbosity creep in. When you catch an adjective, kill it. No, I don't mean utterly, but kill most of them - then the rest will be valuable. They weaken when they are close together. They give strength when they are wide apart. An adjective habit, or a wordy, diffuse, flowery habit, once fastened upon a person, is as hard to get rid of as any other vice.''
keep blogging!

Nevada Find A Dentist

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Searching for the keyword
want traffic came across ur blog.
http://www.1st-choice-4-website-traffic.com
want traffic

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your blog - free internet call waiting. I have just signed up to talktalk broadband and is an absolutely superb deal. I get free telephone calls 24/7 plus free 8Mb/s broadband (which is lightening fast btw). I would definitely recommend talktalk broadband for anyone in the uk. Also available at www.bargainplace.co.uk

8:52 AM  
Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home